Man, this stuff is awesome!!! I took the Robitussin Cold+Flu for nighttime and I was actually able to sleep without coughing. It was awesome. My poor body is still sore from coughing but that sleep was very much needed. I've always been a fan of Robitussin cough syrup for myself and for my children because it's one product that actually worked.
About Cold and Flu
* More than 200 different viruses are known to cause the symptoms of the common cold. Most adults are likely to have a common cold 2 to 4 times a year, resulting in about 15 million lost workdays.
* The flu is caused by influenza viruses that infect the throat, nose and lungs. On average, 5% to 20% of the population get the flu annually.
* Most healthy adults may be able to infect others beginning 1 day before symptoms develop and up to 5 to 7 days after becoming sick.
* Cold and flu are among the main contributors to cough. Coughing is the body’s way of keeping the airways clear of mucus and irritants such as dust or smoke.
* When you get sick, your body often produces more mucus, which can get thick and stuck in your lungs and airways, causing a cough. This makes it hard to breathe and easy to get infections. Toward the end of a cold, a dry, hacking cough may develop. A prolonged cough can also cause unpleasant side effects, such as chest pain, difficulty sleeping and lightheadedness.
* A non-prescription cough medicine with an expectorant and cough suppressant, such as certain Robitussin® products, will help by keeping the mucus secretions easily expelled while the cough suppressant helps you bring your cough under greater control.
About Robitussin® and its Products
* Robitussin is the #1 doctor recommended adult cough medicine brand, with a variety of products available over-the-counter to treat cough, cold and flu symptoms. Formulations are available for daytime and nighttime relief.
* For more product information and full product labeling, visit www.Robitussin.com.
New Robitussin® COUGHCAST™ Tool Helps Consumers Prepare for Coughs, Colds and the Flu by Tracking Cough Incidence Rates in Their Area Robitussin® Helps Consumers Who Can’t Take a Holiday from Their Busy Lives this Winter Season
’Tis the season for shopping, parties, luncheons and hustle and bustle. This year, Robitussin® wants to help make sure you don’t have to take an unnecessary and unwanted “time-out” from holiday festivities due to a cough, cold or the flu. Already this year, the U.S. has experienced its earliest flu season in nearly 10 years and areas across the country are seeing higher-than-normal flu rates, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Cough is one of the primary symptoms of cold and flu and as the country approaches peak season, the makers of Robitussin® have introduced Robitussin® COUGHCAST™. This new interactive tool, available at www.Robitussin.com, allows people to track cough activity in their local area so they can be prepared to effectively treat their symptoms and avoid missing workdays, school functions and social gatherings.
Winter activities and travel – with increased exposure and close contact to others – make people more susceptible to a cold or flu, which is easily spread through coughing, sneezing and talking. Only a few months into the 2012-2013 cold and flu season, nearly 18.2 million U.S. adults have experienced troublesome cold and flu symptoms and more than 18 million have reported suffering from cough, making it one of the most highly reported symptoms.
On average, there are more than one billion cases of the common cold each year in the U.S. and it is estimated that between five and twenty percent of the population will get the flu. Most adults are likely to have a common cold two to four times a year and up to 50 percent of people suffering from a cold will have a cough.
One of the best gifts people can give themselves this season is the gift of feeling well – even when a cough or cold hits. Robitussin® has reliably treated cold symptoms through a variety of different formulations tailored to fit different symptom combinations, making for a more enjoyable holiday season!
About Robitussin® COUGHCAST™
Robitussin® COUGHCAST™ is a tool that tracks cough levels in areas across the country as the nation moves towards the peak of the season. U.S. national and regional data on cold and flu trends and market conditions reported by COUGHCAST™ were captured by IMS Health (www.imshealth.com), a leading provider of information, services and technology for the healthcare industry around the world, on behalf of Pfizer Consumer Healthcare. COUGHCAST™ was designed to help consumers prepare for and manage symptoms as the season approaches peak weeks of respiratory activity.
**I wasn't paid to post this and the opinions expressed belong entirely to me, Michelle Lee. I was sent some products for FREE so I could get better and then tell you all about them. They worked because I'm feeling some better.**